Written by: Minna Tang
Andersen Tax was founded in 2002 by 23 former public accounting partners and is now one of the largest independent national firms in the United States. The firm dedicates considerable resources to find the most talented professionals who are “high achievers, motivated, and enjoy a dynamic environment.” They hand pick top students across the country.
As a tax associate, you will go through a series of training, such as case studies, to make sure that you are prepared for your role. Your responsibilities are to enhance and protect clients assets and wealth, and serve as a member of clients service team
- Help prepare federal, state and local tax returns
- Participate in tax planning
- Prepare 10099’s and quarterly estimates
- Assist in gathering client information
- Prepare technical memoranda
Andersen Tax recognizes and value curiosity and willingness to learn. They provide a reimbursement for the CPA and/or other career development opportunities. They also have a summer leadership program. You will be able to find more information on HandShake.
Who are they looking for?
- Self-starter: who takes initiatives and willing to take challenges
- Positive attitude: excited to be there for the opportunities
- Willingness to learn and interest